I’ve never been tagged before in any sort of blog meme thing but after seeing Marcus Whitney post one on his blog I figured I might as well give it a try for myself.
- I’ve been with my wife, Kate, for over 17 years. We started dating in high school in November of ’91 and got married in June of 1998 and now have three daughters.
- I have a sister, Tina, who use to wrestle. Yes, wrestle. Her sophomore year at Davenport Central she wrestled varsity and finished over .500. Despite rumors, no, she never did beat her older brother. She tried out for Team USA finishing first at 125lbs when she was in high school. This earned her a trip down to Caracas, Venezuela for an international meet before “retiring”. For all you bachelors out there, don’t let all this intimidate you. She’s smart, cute and available (idiots and jackholes need not apply).
- During my sophomore year in high school I went nearly the entire year without talking to my father. The bad blood was over my parents divorce and fact I wrestled at a high school (Davenport North) other than the one he taught and coached at (Davenport Central). It was stupid and I am ashamed I was so hard headed. I’m glad he and I have worked hard to make up for that lost time.
- I used to carry a brief case I won at a regional science and engineering fair with me to class back in high school.
- I was arrested once in college in Iowa City for public intoxication. I was at a local bar when I started feeling ill and I couldn’t bring myself to puke in a clean bathroom stall so I went around back and puked in the dumpster. I should have puked in the bathroom.
- In 1997 I was introduced to Linux and shortly after I married my love for the outdoors with my love for technology by starting Iowa Outdoors. I used technologies available under Linux most notably Apache, MySQL and PHP. I sold it in April of 2007 to Heartland Communications.
- My middle name is LaMar. Yes. LaMar.
Unfortunately many people in my address book simply don’t have blogs. However, here are a few that do I’d like to hear from:
Here are the rules for my fellow bloggers:
- Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post – some random, some weird.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know theyâ€™ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.