[Update 10/31/2007] Had I read the blog entry closer it would have noticed this problem is apparently a SUN JRE bug, not an issue with the installer. Thanks to those who have pointed this out.
I’m running openSUSE 10.3 and ran into a familiar problem when trying to install Zend Studio Neon. The fix this time was a bit more cumbersome because the unpacking of files happens during the install not when you explicitly uncompress the tarball. However the Internet proved to be a valuable resource again as I found the fix from a blog by someone overseas. I’d mention his/her name but it’s not immediately obvious on the blog. Here’s a thank-you anyway!
For future discussion, I’m wondering if anybody knows the nature of this error. Yes, I know this is Beta software but given I got the same error with the stable Zend Studio 5.5 it make me wonder if this is something that should be fixed by the installer.